When I woke on Saturday 1st October, the idea for this blogfest of daily posting came from some fellow bloggers who had all committed to participate in Blogtober 2016 as organised by Mandi at Hex Mum +1
I very much wanted to do my own thing though. I needed to get used to blogging again after a few months away from the keyboard, and I also wanted to find out whether I would/could be inspired to find something to write about every day.
Having got halfway through the month it seems that inspiration isn’t an issue at all, but lack of time is. I have ideas for many posts, but many of them will take more time than I usually have to do justice to the topic.
So today I’m going to rattle off a fairly quick one, and for this I’m referring back to Mandi’s original list of themes:
October 19th – 10 Favourite Foods.
I love food. I was a terribly picky, fussy child, but as an adult there’s very little I won’t eat. Unfortunately, while I’m eating my way through the foods of the world (except for tripe, and goat’s cheese, bleugh!) my children are channelling my youthful aversion to anything remotely interesting. Karma…
So, in the interests of sharing a little more of me, I give you 10 of my favourite foods, in no particular order (note, I don’t say my 10 favourite foods – there are far too many favourites for that kind of narrow mindedness :-D)
- Cheese. Yep, despite considering goat’s cheese to be an abomination, I LOVE all other types of cheese, especially Camembert and Stilton. A good mature cheddar is a thing of wonder too.
- Chocolate Mousse. Not just any chocolate mousse mind. It has to be a dense, rich, dark chocolate mousse. The more like a ganache the better…
- Smoked Salmon.
- Great bread dipped in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Moules Marinière
- Steak (rare) and chips
- Crispy, oven baked jacket potato with (real) butter and cheese
- My mum’s raspberry trifle. Oh my word I salivate just thinking about it. I guess I should share the recipe here sometime.
- Pizza. Not necessarily a fancy pants pizza, just one made by my husband with plenty of mozzarella, pepperoni, onions, peppers and mushrooms. Yum!
- Chicken fajitas, nice and spicy with lots of guacamole and sour cream. A traditional Saturday Night In dish in our house.
I’m not sure whether there’s anything more you can read between the lines here, but there you go, you now know a little more about this Soapmaker.