Remember the failure (or two!) I had a few weeks back while making the Mantra Swirl soap? I wanted a way to use up some of that not-so-pretty soap and this is what I came up with:
First I grated up a whole load of the red and green portions of the ugly soap, then made up some soap batter and fragranced it with a blend of Patchouli and Red Mandarin essential oils. I then split the batter into two equal halves, then split one of those halves in half again to give me three portions of soap – one half and two quarters. I added all the soap gratings to the larger half portion, mixing it gently but thoroughly to make sure there were no air pockets in there:
Next I poured one of the quarters of soap batter into the mould, then slowly started to add the gratings mix:
Finally I added the last quarter of soap over the top of the grated mix, and gave it some texture:
This is the soap immediately after cutting. The small bars at the front are the two end pieces cut up for samples:
I’m so pleased with it that I’ve decided to make it the first in a series of three. The second has just been made and will be revealed very soon. The third is still in planning stage but will be made this week. Keep an eye out for updates!